Re-entry into the clinic and my first evolution paper!

Victor
By -
0
Sorry for the long radio silence - I re-entered my residency after a 3 year hiatus to pursue full time research and things have been busier than anticipated. While I am on a light rotation (sarcoma), which requires only 50% of my time actually in clinic, I had forgotten what being a #resident is like, and more importantly, what having a pager is like!!!

My personal research efforts have slowed somewhat - with my efforts now divided between the clinic, being a dad and thesis writing. I've changed my focus to writing up what I have currently, rather than chasing after new results, so I haven't much to report. A student I'm working with, however, +Daniel Nichol , recently finished up a paper that he and I have been working on for some time. He is going to write a full blog post about the work, but this will take some time. In the mean time, I thought I'd at least let the community know we've finally submitted our paper to the +bioRxiv Preprints site, as well as a journal (contemporaneously), which you can find here:

http://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2014/08/03/007542


In this paper, my first personal foray in theoretical #evolution we build on theory from some exciting theoretical and experimental papers from Steven Weinreich (Weinreich et al. Science) and +Jeff Gore (Tan et al. PRL) to explore the concept of 'steering' evolution as a method of preventing the emergence of resistant strains of bacteria (or cancer!).

I look forward to putting Dan's proper post up, but until then, enjoy the #preprint - we welcome comments!

We were flattered, as well, to see another blog pick up our preprint - yet another reason to use the bioRxiv or arXiv!

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)